Sunday, October 5, 2008

And so begins October.

What a fun week! I wrote and gave my first exam, and it went pretty well... I think my students are feeling more comfortable with their oral skills, and their writing (on the take-home essay) is pretty good. Unfortunately, I have my first cheating situation to deal with on Monday, so that will be great. Erg.

But a fun weekend... Friday afternoon I headed for Toluca to hang out with Victoria, and then we met up with my colleague Pilar's son, Pablo, who is studying the double bass, and he took us to the opening show of the Toluca symphony orchestra... It was a beautiful concert, which included a visiting pianist (Russian, living in the US) whose fingers moved SUPER fast, and then we headed out for tacos afterward with Pablo and his friend Luis. Saturday, also in Toluca, we met Victoria's new housemate and the French assistant at her university, Guillaume... very kind, not like we were expecting. :P We took advantage of his newness to take him on a tour around Toluca (also my first tour :P), and got some quesadillas, some ice cream, and did lots of walking around the downtown.

Saturday night we went bowling with two French professor at their school, and their significant others, and to my surprise, I won my first game of bowling ever! It wasn't the highest-scoring game ever, but no worries. I enjoyed my victory. After bowling, we headed to Crise and Marc's French café, near Victoria and Guillaume (Memo's) house, and I ate my first goat cheese salad since being in Mexico... and seriously enjoyed it. Another sleepover, and back to my own house this afternoon... A chill day, including a chat with my dear friend Mallory!!! :) Some grading, some lesson planning, and then some sleeping :)

Hasta pronto! Besos~

No comments: