Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A day in the life

So my schedule has changed around a little bit, so now on Tuesdays I don't go in until noon now.

I hopped in my colectivo, and who else should get on but not one, not two, but three caballeros-- stetson & denim wearing Mexican cowboys. We didn't exchange more than a few words in greeting, but during the 20-minute I found myself imagining what their lives must be like... It was pretty entertaining.

From there, I had my first class, in which we watched Crash. I hope my students are getting it all... it's pretty heavy, but there are some nuances that I would really like for them to pick up. Hopefully we'll get some good discussion out of this. After, I had my French class (super basic, don't anyone get too excited :P) which is fun; my future housemate, Anne-Marie, is my teacher, and she's a blast.

From 2-4 I had my first conversation workshop... I had no idea how many students would show up, or what exactly we would do, but thankfully it worked out. About 15 students came, and we did some basic introduction stuff, trying to work on pronunciation and fluidity... they're pretty basic, but they're all so nice and we have a great time. :)

This week has been a blast-- I've gotten to talk to a bunch of people, like my fam, my friends Mallory and Denisse from Chile, Lindsay, Adriana, Brian, Michael, Hannah and Courtney... I feel super blessed!

I'm going to peace, my eyes need a break, but thanks for reading! Hasta pronto, besos~

No comments: